Monday, November 5, 2007

Mistakes in Web Design

1. This post is basically what we discussed Friday in class. The same design principles that can be applied to blenders can be, for the most part, applied to websites. Mapping, feedback, etc. can all be used to rate websites on their usability.

2. I think that the most important point is the first point. Visitors to websites, unless they are checking out a website made by their mom or something, are there for personal gain. I think it is good the author makes this apparent, because many websites are created with the designer in mind. From my personal perspective, I think that the point stressing easy navigation is important. I have encountered numerous websites where it is nearly impossible to get from one place to another.

3. -Easy, clearly labeled navigation buttons
-Smoothly designed visuals (don't have pictures in the middle of paragraphs)
-Use only pictures that are relevant (no fish injections)
-Make links visual by underlining or something similar
-Links to other sites with the same or helpful information
-Good contrast
-No frivolous information-get to the point

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking time to discuss about all these design mistakes. I love to know more about this topic. This is extremely helpful for me.
improve customer experience