Monday, October 29, 2007

Leopard

I think that the new Mac OS Leopard is a great example of good design. While there are hardly any problems or unintuitive actions in Tiger, Leopard has added many new features without taking away from the simplicity of use that Mac users have come to expect. This is an important aspect of design, the ease of use vs. the amount of features balance. If things are full of features, but the features are hard to access or counterintuitive to operate, why should they be included? The best designed products have the necessary features while being easy to operate.

3 comments:

Ezra said...

Leopard looks so cool. Totally makes me want a mac. I can't decide what my favorite new feature is. Maybe the total backup of everything (time machine?). I really like the aesthetics too. Sweeeeet.

Trey said...

I agree, Leopard sounds amazing. I cant wait to see it. It just shows that mac s going in a different direction. You can see that apple is trying to differentiate itself from windows and be more hip and cool just from the names (Vista vs Leopard). It just shows that user friendly design does exist in computers and that it can be cool at the same time.

Naufal Waffle said...

I really like the new OS. Unlike Windows OS upgrades, which often try to revolutionize standards (which causes the user to be confused in the "new" standard - eg. new MS Word), Mac tends to innovate on already-existing standards.