Sunday, October 21, 2007

Design Passage

"For most of us, the pain starts when we suddenly turn the page and say, "Uh... what did I just miss? How the hell did they get THERE? My dialog box looks nothing like that...""

I chose this post not only because I found it somewhat humorous, but because I thought that it fit perfectly with an idea from Norman's book. I have found myself in this situation before, often times with the installation of software on Windows. This quote pertains directly to the idea of conceptual models. This problem arises when the writer of the manual and the user of the product are on different levels in terms of experience using the product.

http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2006/09/how_to_get_user.html

1 comment:

Chuck Stull said...

Nice connection, Spencer.