Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Good Design

I think that one of the best designs that I have encountered is that of my computer. I have a first generation MacBook Pro, and I think it is one of the best-designed products available. it seems as though every function is thought out and planned. The power cord is magnetic, so that if it is pulled, it simply pops out, preventing the computer from being damaged. The keys on the keyboard are backlit, so they can be seen in the dark with ease. However, they are light sensitive and adjust themselves accordingly. On the trackpad, one finger operates it normally, but using two fingers simultaneously allows for scrolling. The clasp for the lid is all inside of the computer, and only when it is nearly closed do magnets bring out the hooks for the lid. The software and operation of the computer is all very intuitive.

No comments: